28 March 2007

Presque Isle Erie PA

Well, since I was raised in Erie and have always had very easy access to the beach, and thus I have truly embraced the beauty of our beaches. There is nothing like it around. I have traveled to many beaches in the world, and the truth is that every where you go the people are doing exactly what you or I am could be doing with just slight variances on the weather.

Every summer I figure out which beach is the best suited for my family and usually just go to the same beach every time, this also saves me from having to explain myself every time I meet family or friends. Let it be known that all the beaches are not the same and can change from day to day. Sometimes the water can be clear at one beach and green at another,one can smell like the a "summer beach" and one can smell like some "dead fish".; so the secret here is if you come across the worst of the two, walk down a ways or get back in the car and drive to the next one. Last summer ours was Beach 8, Pettinato Beach, which always smelled of a summer beach and the water was clear and has concession stands and bathrooms, and this year? I'll find out soon. . . .

No comments: