09 April 2007

Erie's city sidewalks and streets

As summer fast approaching and children playing outside more, I want the opportunity to voice my concern to watch the children.

Raised in Millcreek, I made the move to the city, after living in Downtown Pittsburgh, as well as Mount Washington. I am a proud city dweller.

My only concern here is the people who choose to drive 45mph down a side street where the speed limit is only 25, please slow down, or take the route that would put you on a street marked with the appropriate speed limit. Really, what is the rush?

My other concern is that when you are pulling into or out of your driveway, or into or out of a city business driveway is to please stop before the sidewalk and check for children who may be on their bikes or running past.

Erie is great town, and the secret here is to slow down and enjoy the view.

No comments: